Fraxel laser can greatly reduce visible scarring.
Whether you have a few small scars, larger keloid scars or skin damaged by acne, a Fraxel laser procedure can help eliminate or greatly reduce these visible scars.
Fraxel is the leading brand of fractional lasers and is used widely throughout the world for cosmetic rejuvenation.
At Illuminate Cosmetic Medicine we have access to two different types of Fraxel lasers, enabling our team to correct a wide range of skin problems and dramatically improve skin appearance, beauty and visible signs of ageing.
Using Fraxel Laser to remove scars and improve your skin
Fraxel lasers have repeatedly proven themselves* in treating patients with a wide range of skin complaints, these include:
- Reduction and removal of visible acne scars
- Minimisation of stretch marks
- Reduction in keloid scarring
- Clearance of precancerous sunspots (actinic keratosis)
- Improved skin texture around the face and neck
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Elimination of unwanted pigmentation
What is Fraxel Laser?
Fraxel uses fractional technology to create microscopic columns of laser energy which penetrate a proportion (fraction) of the skin. This laser energy is absorbed by water molecules in the skin and converted to heat producing tiny areas of thermal coagulation called microscopic thermal zones (MTZ). These stimulate your own natural healing process, prompting your body to replace old and damaged cells, reduce scarring (such as acne scars) and collagen with new healthy cells and remodelled collagen. Fraxel essentially kick-starts your own body to replace old with new.
The fractionated nature of the laser leaves areas of normal (uninjured) skin between the zones of thermal injury resulting in faster healing. The safety profile of the laser is also greatly improved, allowing treatment of many skin types including darker skin. The depth, coverage and intensity of the Fraxel laser are all controlled by Dr Adam and his team based on your specific needs and skin type.
What does this skin rejuvenation procedure involve?
- The patient arrives 1 hour before the procedure
- A topical anaesthetic will be applied for 1 hour prior to the procedure with a special wrap.
- The patient’s face will be cleaned and the treatment will take place. The treatment will take about half an hour to 45 minutes.
- The Fraxel laser is passed over the client’s treated area
The look you want is waiting for you.
Disclaimer: The examples and results shown and discussed on this website are examples only. We advise that all results vary from individual to individual. The information provided on and through this website is designed to be informational only and in no way replaces medical advice. Do not use this website as a substitute for medical advice. Please always seek consultation with a qualified medical practitioner.