Please note: individual results may vary. Please review our Disclaimer for more information
Find your own confidence.
Liposuction is a highly effective body contouring and sculpting procedure which removes stubborn, unwanted fat in an artistic way for the purposes of refining your body shape. For most, the results from Liposuction are long lasting and simply amazing. It gives our clients a new found confidence in their body and appearance.
At Illuminate we use the latest technology in liposuction guaranteeing not only amazing results but also less downtime, less skin trauma and better skin tightening post treatment.
Dr Adam, our Medical Director, uses either Vaser Liposuction or Vaser High Definition / 4D Liposuction to help you achieve the body shape you desire.
Vaser Liposuction uses ultrasound energy to help break up the fatty tissue making the bodies fat cells like butter allowing for easy suction and removal. This technology allows for greater fat volumes to be removed with less trauma to the skin and better skin tightening post procedure.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction removes fat deposits from your body in a safe and effective way. It is also known as Liposculpture or Lipo. Fat distribution in the body is genetically determined and some people are predisposed to having the body accumulate fat in certain areas. This stubborn fat cannot always be removed by diet and exercise alone.
Liposuction can be performed on almost any area of the body to reshape and refine it. The results are significant as fat cells do not generally regenerate in the treated area. After reshaping the body it will remain the same size if your weight remains stable.
What does the procedure involve?
The procedure is performed in our fully accredited day surgery and is procedure that has been safely performed under local anaesthesia for decades – though should you really prefer, you can have it performed under general anaesthesia.
The entire procedure takes 2-4 hours depending on the size and number of areas treated.
At consultation we will complete a detailed medical assessment with our Cosmetic Surgeon, and provide you with a step-by-step easy guide to understand the surgery, preparation and your easy recovery.
Why Choose Illuminate for Liposuction?
Dr Adam is one of Sydney’s leading cosmetic surgeons. He has performed over 2000 liposuction procedures. Dr Adam is one of only a few cosmetic surgeons in Australia to be personally trained by the inventor of the Vaser Liposuction procedure.
If you are considering having Liposuction you are in exceptional hands with Dr Adam. Not only do you have the privilege of seeing one of the Australia’s best cosmetic surgeons, he is an expert in Liposuction.
Increased Body Confidence*
Lose large amounts of body fat in a very quick time. Redefined, smoother, firmer and more sculpted appearance.
Vaser Liposuction is a most superior liposuction technique making suctioning easier, smoother and less traumatic. The solution injected under the skin is anti-bacterial hence risk of infection is extremely rare.
Reduced recovery time and earlier return to work
With small unnoticeable skin incisions, Vaser Liposuction provides the shortest operative time with the lowest level of pain. Vaser Liposuction is a now classed as a non-invasive form of cosmetic surgery.
Results are immediately visible although It may take 3-6 months for final results*. Results are sustainable with proper care.
Promotes skin quality
Heat generated by the Ultrasound probe promotes better skin contraction for smoother and more natural results.
Enhance your butt
Fat harvested by Liposuction can be transferred to other areas of the body for contouring. Popular amongst the options is the Brazilian Butt Lift.
- Upon arrival you will be welcomed by our staff and the taken to the changing room
- Next you will have an intravenous cannula for Antibiotics and light sedation
- You will be constantly monitored by our highly trained theatre staff
- The body areas that are being reshaped are cleaned with antiseptic solution using sterile aseptic techniques.
- Small skin incisions are done in hidden body areas
- Happy gas( Nitrous oxide) is offered to help with the sedation
- The first step is the administration of tumescent (Local anaesthetic solution) by passing a very small size cannula under the skin to saturate and numb the area of concerns.
- Next the VASER probe is passed through the same small incisions, this will melt the fat in all the different skin layers as well as achieving maximum skin contraction through heat generated by the ultrasound probe.
- Special shaped cannula(s) are then used to suction the melted fat; no force is required as the fat is now in a liquid form
- All the VASER liposuction steps are performed with precision to ensure the best artistic shape – This is where the surgical and artistic skills of your cosmetic surgeon play such a crucial role in achieving the perfect results and this is also why you see such large differences in patient results.
Who is the best candidate for liposuction?
- People with stable body weight
- Have areas of fat that are unresponsive to dieting and exercise
- BMI < 35
- Good skin tone and elasticity
- Generally good physical health
- Continue to maintain healthy eating habits
- Our surgeon can recommend the options that best suited to your needs
- Book a consultation to discuss whether Liposuction is suitable for you
Who is not a suitable candidate for liposuction?
You are not suitable to have Liposuction if you are:
- Breast feeding
- Have significant bleeding disorders
- Have significant cardiac or respiratory problems
The look you want is waiting for you.
Disclaimer: Every form of Liposuction surgery has a possibility of complications and you are informed of these in detail by Dr Najem. It is recommended that you understand your liposuction cosmetic surgery procedure well, and to obtain further advice from another Specialist Cosmetic surgeon similar to Dr Najem.
Before and After pictures may not be exact, while we do make efforts to ensure the accuracy, variations may include makeup, hair, clothing, lighting, distance from the camera, camera exposure etc.